The Number 7
The number seven 7 is truly a wonder.
1. The famous Chinese Landscape Painter, Fan Kuan 范寬 painted
the 7-foot tall landscape "Travelers Among Streams and Mountains"
or "Travelers Amid Streams and Mountains (谿山行旅)".
He 郑和 led 7 naval expeditions for the Ming
Emperor, Yongle / Zhu Di (朱 棣).
3. There are 7 Ancient and 7 New Wonders of the World.
4. One hits the jackpot of some slot machines when one
5. The pH value
for a neutral solution is 7.
6. Snow White met with 7 dwarfs.
7. There are 7 days in a week. According to the Bible,
God rested on the 7th day. By the 7th day, God had finished the
work he had been doing; so on the 7th day he rested from all his
8. Job (of the Bible) had 7 sons.
9. The opposite sides of a dice add up to 7. 1/6
10. In the Arabian 1001 Nights, Sinbad went on 7 voyages. An
animated movie of the character is titled, "Sinbad: Legend of the
11. Line 2 of a Haiku poem has 7 syllables. (Traditional haiku has
three phrases of 5-7-5 syllables; ie Line 1 and 3 have 5 syllables
12. 7th-Day Adventists accept the Bible as the only source of
is usually divided into 7 classes - namely: carbohydrates, fats,
proteins, fibre, vitamins, minerals and water.
14. Pagodas are towers usually of 7 to 9 stories tall.
15. The Qixi Festival falls on the 7th day of the 7th month of the
Chinese Lunar calendar.
16. Jesus proclaimed 7 woes to the religious leaders of his time.
17. The much talked about 7 Deadly Sins are pride, greed, lust,
envy, gluttony, wrath and sloth.
18. In the Hebrew tradition, 7
is a number that signifies intelligence.
19. The young ones are taught the 7 colours of the rainbow.
20. "7 Brides for 7 Brothers" was, and still is - to some, a
21. The 7 continents are Asia, Africa, Europe, North America,
South America, Antarctica and Australia.
22. The traditional Menorah has 7 branches.
23. J.K. Rowling wrote 7 Harry Potter novels.
24. When one is ecstatically happy, one is said to be on 7th
25. The number for James Bond is 007.
26. According to the Bible, each of the plagues that God bestowed
upon Egypt lasted 7 days.
27. There are 7 stories in the Patuxai (Victory
Gate) in Laos.
28. 7 is the only number between 1 and 10 that when divided by any
digit in the same range (other than 7 itself) will not yield an
integer. 7 is the only number between 1 and 10 that has no
multiple that is an integer in the same range (other than 7